The law around gate safety can be quite confusing but is rightly very serious. Following deaths and injuries from automated systems the Health and Safety executive and DHF (Door Hardware Federation) have published guidelines to raise the safety standards for automated gates.
In cases of accidents or injuries the system manager can be prosecuted if their system is found to be unsafe or poorly maintained.
If you employ staff at your site such as a gardener, cleaner or childminder, the level of compliance rises. At this point you will automatically take on liabilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
Compliance to BS–12453 standard
- Dynamic force testing
- Mandatory technical file
- Risk assement
How we can help
- We can provide expert opinions for free from looking at pictures of your system and advise you on how to ensure your system is compliant.
- Force testing is now part of the law for automated systems, all our engineers carry force testers.
- We can also carry out risk assessments and help you get the required safety upgrades to achieve CE certification.
- We are on the new HSE automation safety committee and are 100% up to date.
- This is a 1 off upgrade cost to modernise your system for 2017 rules
- AAC will administer your HSE required technical file – you do not need to worry about that.
For more information on Gate Safety visit the DHF website or the HSE site